Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'm Desperate to Be Twenty-Four...

I’ve got so many dreams, so many things I want to do.

I want to move to Portland, Oregon for about a year and a half while I go to college and get my diploma in Baking & Pastry. Of course my fiance is going with me, and we will both be trying to get into the Art Institutes College.

But at twenty-four, I’m absolutely sure I’ll be done with college. And hopefully I’ll be working at a bakery, building my career.

But the point is, I want to be married. There’s two dates I have very much in mind: June 28, 2014 (a Saturday), or June 28, 2015 (a Sunday). Hell, if I could, I’d be getting married June 28, 2010! I love him that much.

Sure, I love being 18. I’m fine with just dating. But dating, anyone can rip apart. But marriage? That’s a different story. Everything’s more serious. I feel like what Alex and I have together will be more set in stone if we’re married, instead of technically only “boyfriend and girlfriend.” Hmm, it seems so juvenile. I want something more. I’ve already got a ring on my finger, and there’s no doubt we are perfect for each other…

I know good things come to those who wait, but is it so wrong to want to just skip the waiting? I’m impatient.

Being 18 is fine, but he truth is, I just haven’t done anything with my life yet. If I died today, all they would be able to say about me was that I graduated from high school. But what else, really? Nothing.

I absolutely love how my life is right now. I wish I could say I wouldn’t change a thing, but maybe just one thing. Just one: taking our relationship to the next level. Where it matters. The world doesn’t care if you’re “just dating,” but if you’re married, you have a right to be together. Nothing can easily rip you apart.

At least, I know it’ll be that way for us.

I’m already waking up to his face every day, and loving every moment of it. I just want to grow up already, get out of this town. Be something, someone. And I want to do all of that with him by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment